Thursday, June 14, 2012

God's Great Covenant Session 2: Creation of Man

Here is one more excerpt from our study entitled "Creation of Man": We learned today about how we were created in God's image. That our lives are to reflect Him... to give Him glory. This was such a fun lesson to do! I do feel this particular curriculum is a little over my kid's head as is, so I've taken the lesson and adapted it for their ages. It's been fun doing the lesson on my own (getting my own challenges out of it for my own life) and then breaking it down for my kids to digest. Remember: there are a lot more curriculums that are age appropriate, so you won't have to do as much work!
We went over to our closet mirror to see our reflections. The kids thought it was so funny that they could see themselves, but what they were looking at wasn't really them... just a reflection of themselves. (Please ignore my daughter's crazy hair... her pony tail had just broke and she wasn't too thrilled about putting in another one)
Lastly, we talked about the moon (Special shout-out to Keagen and Emma for the cool moon light). We learned that the moon doesn't produce light on it's own, it just reflects the light of the sun. In the same way, we are to reflect the light of Jesus in every decision we make and the way we treat other people. This led into a wonderful rendition of "This Little Light of Mine" complete with hand motions.

No comments: