Saturday, December 15, 2012

We Need To Pray...

I think all of us are gut-wrenched and brokenhearted by the horrific events this morning at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. My heart and mind can't focus on anything else and my prayers continue to be cut short by tears the entire evening.

WE NEED TO PRAY...
not say we are going to pray, not make great intentions to pray... but actually pray. We need to cry out to God for these devastated families and traumatized children. It's our mandate.

Throughout the day I've come across some great resources that a lot of my friends have sent my way and I wanted to share them in case anyone has need of them.
{If you have come across some resources that have been a blessing to you, please pass them along in the comment section so that we can all benefit}


For your soul:

For your kids:

For your prayers:
  • Psalm 147:3- "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
  • Psalm 73:26-  "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
  • Matthew 11:28-30- "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
  • John 14:27-  "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
  • Psalm 55:22- "Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." 

No comments: