Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Scripture Scavenger Hunt

I love scavenger hunts.
They are the perfect opportunity to teach kids about God and His amazing creation... actually they are a good reminder to us, as well. One of my favorite things to do with my kids is a "Scripture Scavenger Hunt" and the autumn season brings the perfect weather for it! 

Here is an example of one I use... but you could make your own using anything you want them to find! Also,  for older kids you can just give them the scripture reference and have them look it up on their own to find the nature object.

NATURE ITEM #1
“You must build an altar for Me made out of DIRT… and I will come to you and bless you.” {Exodus 20:24}

NATURE ITEM #2
“...there is a friend who will STICK closer than a brother.”
{Proverbs 18:24}

NATURE ITEM #3
“Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my ROCK of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.” {Psalm 31:2}

NATURE ITEM #4
“If that is how God clothes the GRASS of the field... will he not much more clothe you?” {Matthew 6:30}

NATURE ITEM #5
“...righteous people will flourish like a GREEN LEAF.”
{Proverbs 11:38}

NATURE ITEM #6
“He will cover you with his FEATHERs, and under his wings you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and armor.” {Psalm 91:4}

If your kids are a little young to look up scriptures, you can always do a "God's Treasure Hunt" with them around your neighborhood or the local park (all you need is a bag or container, construction paper and glue). It worked really well with my kids last spring... check it out here.

No comments: