Friday, September 16, 2011

Prayer Charts, Piggy Banks, & Bedrooms...


If you are anything like me - you may enjoy finding new ways & ideas to teach the kids (whether your own or in the classroom) about the things of God in a way that gets their attention.  For me, it's an added bonus when said "new idea" is in chart-form...it's the little things that make me happy!!!  Tonight, during prayer, the kids came home with this prayer chart.  I don't know who was more excited - me or the kids!!!  It is simple, fun, and obviously purposeful...the kids couldn't wait to hang them on their bedroom walls and get started.  Thank you, Pastor Pat!!!  



Since we're talking about the Lord, the kids, new ideas & fun stuff...

I came across this 'Globe Piggy Bank' at Target today.  I love it!!! I had recently placed cups on the kid's dressers that are labeled 'Tithes', 'Giving', and 'Saving'.  In keeping with that same idea, I thought this bank would be a fun place to put the money for 'giving' while talking about and praying for the needs of those around the world - whether in our own community or across the globe.   


and finally, since we're talking about the needs of those around the world...

I want to share one more thing that I came across recently.  I came upon the following book while reading an article on Yahoo...


The author, James Mollison, embarked on a 2 year journey around the world to photograph children and their bedrooms.  As stated in the synopsis, 

... with the support of Save the Children, the book is written and presented for an audience of 7-11 year olds setting out to interest and engage children in the details of the lives of other children around the world, and the social issues affecting them, while also being a serious photographic essay for an adult audience.

I personally was drawn to these photos and enjoyed Saturday morning devotions with my family as we read the article, looked at the photos and prayed.  Our kids (ages 3 & 5) were very interested and surprised when they saw that other children's bedrooms were very different than their own. 

Click HERE to read the article and see a few photos from the book.

Well, that is all for now.  I am exhausted from all this excitement!!! 

2 comments:

lori bunk said...

i LOVE the world globe and will probably totally steal your idea and pick one up this weekend!!!!

Keri said...

Getting my world globe bank too!