Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"In everything give thanks..."

I think it is so important, especially during this season, to always remain thankful. In fact, in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, it says, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I had an opportunity to talk to my kids this month about being thankful when we had a conversation about buying presents for our AngelTree family. They had so many questions about why these kids couldn't spend Christmas with their father (he is incarcerated.) I was reminded once again, that we are so blessed and our family needs to remember the blessings of the Lord during this crazy time of "give-n-GET." One thing our family has done over the years (this dates back to when my sisters and I were very young) is go around the room on Christmas and share with everyone the things that God has done over the past year. It's such a wonderful tradition because we are reminded of how many of our prayers were answered and all the ways God has had our back. Try to make time with your family this year in reflecting on the things God has blessed you with.

No comments: