Saturday, October 8, 2011

Family Ministries Fall Seminar 2011 {notes}

Family Ministries Seminar
Fall 2011/Winter 2012
Saturday, October 8, 2011

Every person has 168 hours in a week.
The average child spends 56 of those hours sleeping
...35 of those hours in school
...20 of those hours watching TV
...10 of those hours eating
...7 if those hours playing outside
...4 of those hours going potty
… and 1 of those hours at church

That hour (or hours) is the time we have been given to pour Jesus into the hearts of the children God has entrusted us with.

Colossians 3:23, 24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Family Ministries Spiritual Insight:
  • This is a calling.. You are a minister.
  • Any form of ministry/leadership takes sacrifice
  • To some, you are the only way they will experience the tangible love of God
  •  The church represents the light
  • You are ministering to future ministers
Family Ministries Practical Information:
  • Set-up/Clean-up/Welcome
  • New parents information
  • Praise in public, correct in private
  • Security for parents
  • Do you value the ministry to their child?
  • Be prepared for “Service was AMAZING”

MYTHS debunked about working in Family Ministries…
Myth #1: I won’t be able to grow spiritually like I need to if I am in the back all the time.
Myth #2: I’m not very good with kids/ I have never worked with kids.
Myth #3: I’m not spiritually mature enough to teach others about God, I’m just learning myself.
Myth #4: I can’t do it, I am with kids ALL DAY LONG.

No comments: